If you’ve followed me at all this pregnancy journey, you know that I’ve been keeping this growing bump of mine active. I’m hoping not TOO active because we are already experiencing one high energy toddler and dog at the moment. Is there room for another?!
Many expecting moms tell me
I can’t do this now.
I shouldn’t start doing that exercising stuff now.
Wrong and wrong! Even the instructors at some of my classes and said over and over to me
Emma, you probably shouldn’t do this.
Well, I appreciate your concern, but I AM! Yes, there are limitations to pregnant women when it comes to exercising. The supine position for longer than 5 minutes should be avoided and OF COURSE if any heavy cramping or bleeding occurs while working out you should most definitely stop. HOWEVER, if you aren’t experiencing any of these symptoms GO FOR IT.
I am hands down more in shape and stronger than I was a year ago at this time when I wasn’t pregnant! I’ve listened to my body, but I’m cardio-ing, pumping and stretching each and every day and I think that’s why I’ve made it to basically week 28 without any hiccups.
So, if you are pregnant and thinking of working out, START! Don’t wait… just listen to your body. Here is how your baby and body will thank you
1) You will likely gain less weight (on average 7 lbs less than those that don’t exercise)
2) Labor and delivery may be easier. All that cardio training and Body Pumping is just prepping you for your marathon- AKA delivery!
3) You cut your gestational diabetes risk by as much as 27%
4) Active moms to be are just in better moods thanks to those endorphins… your husband will appreciate that.
5) You’re less likely to get constipated… I am EVIL when I am so thank God I work out!
6) You’ll lose the baby weight faster and easier and you will be fitter later in your life!
7) THE MOST IMPORTANT- You’ll feel like a hot mama… not a beached whale! Well, until you hit about week 30 and then there’s no hope for any of us!
Speaking of working out while pregnant…
Today I am partnering with For Two Fitness®,
which offers performance apparel that functions and flatters like nothing else. They are committed to celebrating and supporting moms who are striving for healthy, fit pregnancies. Exactly what I’m trying to do over here… minus the aches and pains this little gal is giving me!
Why For Two Fitness Rocks…
- Their Perfect Pregnancy Jacket and Hoodie are long enough to cover even the most pregnant belly. Clever pleated pockets and side ruching accent the belly and flatter your figure. French Terry and Lycra mix for supreme comfort and stretch, as well as recovery. Two outer pockets, and two inner pockets. Contrast zipper. Goes with everything!
- Their fabrics are high performance, soft, moisture wicking, and originate from the same mills as the fancy athletic apparel you already wear. Maternity clothes are expensive as it is, so they work hard to keep these high end, specialty garments affordable. In fact, many of their price points are lower than standard high quality athletic wear counterparts. Many of their repeat customers are fitness professionals with very high standards.
- They offer basic neutrals and vivid, on-trend colors that pop. Their slogans and graphics are perfect for pregnancy announcements, and for feeling great in your ever-changing body. You’ll exude joy and confidence in your For Two Fitness apparel, and no will wonder “Is she, or isn’t she?” They also carry a Signature line without graphics, which will soon become your everyday staples.
- They design their own garments in-house, and their slogans are registered trademarks, so you won’t find these cute tops anywhere else.
So, enter below if you are or will be pregnant… or call your girlfriends that are! The contest will run until Sunday!
If you currently aren’t sporting a bump or won’t be, feel free to chime in with your thoughts on exercising while pregnant!