A few weeks ago I posted about our household pantry staples. Today it’s fridge staples… get excited.
1. Simple Truth Organic Greek Yogurt- it’s usually cheaper than Stoneyfield (except for this week when that was 10/$10) and the vanilla has 7g less sugar. I am trying to make my own “vanilla” Greek yogurt out of plain for even less sugar, but my taste buds aren’t sold quite yet. Been adding vanilla extract, cinnamon and fruit to my overnight oats in an attempt to trick them. To be continued…
2. Simple Truth Unsweetened Almond Milk- this I have successfully tricked the taste buds. I started with plain almond milk and downgraded to unsweetened (for 0g sugar). My husband thinks it’s just glorified water, but it does the trick for me. Also a lot cheaper than Silk’s Almond Milk.
3. Organic eggs- this is my go-to protein. In fact, I eat 2 scrambled eggs pretty much everyday for lunch. Quick, easy and tasty.
4. Greens- we eat sauteed greens every night. One because it’s healthy and two because it’s so easy. Spray some oil in a pan, rinse and chop them up, cook and done in 5 minutes. My faves right now are rainbow and red swiss chard
and baby bok choy.
5. Veggies- sweet potatoes, acorn squash and butternut squash. And if you go buy sweet potatoes, try oriental/japanese ones. They’ll change your life.
6. Fruits- strawberries, blueberries and apples. Frozen strawberries and blueberries this time of year and regular apples for G. She’s been watching Snow White and requests one every time the “old lady” comes around. We haven’t started fainting afterwards yet.
7. Frozen Earth’s Best Mini Waffles- G saw Cookie Monster on the carton once and was sold. Not to mention easy breakfast for when S is screaming to be fed and I’m just trying to down another cup of caffeine.
8. Dr. Praeger’s anything- love this Doc. Kale burgers, Sweet potato burgers, Spinach Littles, you name it.
Yes, I could make them myself but they wouldn’t be in the cute dinosaur shape for G. She’s a diva, remember?
9. Frozen meat- because I try to plan each week’s meals out (try), I immediately stick meat in the freezer and pull it out the night before (if I can remember). One too many times I’ve let it sit in the fridge for probably 1 too many days and had that conversation with myself- do we think I’ll die if I eat this?
10. Simple Truth sweet potato fries- open, pour on a pan, bake for 20 minutes and done. Enough said.
10. So Delicious Chocolate Almond Milk Ice Cream- YUM
As much as this seems like a Simple Truth commercial, it’s not. I like cheap, but quality food. Check out your grocery store’s brand of organic/natural products to save a little $$
Speaking of saving $$, anyone bought from here before? Just got tons of outfits for G for $9!
What’s in your fridge?